Thursday, January 24, 2008

Auntie Kilah





I have always had a strong maternal instinct. Not that I mothered everybody..I ain't taking care of your kids. As for mine, I have always wanted children. Two, three, maybe four. It has been and itch that I have not scratched though. Yeah I could most likely conceive a child...but it's the raising part that I am not ready for. First off, I need a good man...better yet, a good husband. Secondly, financial security. I may be able to get by....but those pampers get expensive. Third, I wanted to experience life a little more. Travel to exotic places..that sort of thing. So at the age of 26, I am still not ready to have a child. But low and behold a great opportunity arose. My sister-in-law had a daughter, Sophia, and I agreed to look after her for a year. Was putting my life on hiatus for 12 months worth it? Well I also moved to MD to be with Sophia, and I had been hankering to move. I wanted to move to DC years ago, but it didnt work out. So...I love spending time with my niece...it never gets old. Best of all, I am getting this baby bug out of my system. I still want kids of course. But I can wait 5 or 6 years. It's fine. Now I want to put myself first (and my boyfriend). We can do as we please. Oh...but I sill want a dog soon. lol. A little responsibility and something to call my own please.

1 comment:

Allecia said...

She is too cute. What beautiful eyes she has.