Thursday, January 15, 2009

Regrets?

No, I don't have and regrets regarding my Sisterlocks. I was worried that I had too much hair loose at the ends, but a couple fellow Sisterlocked Sistahs, assured me that my hair would fall more into line (stop looking like a straight afro)after a washing. Although we share Sisterlocks, each person has a unique set. So, my journey will include an afro stage, but hey, it is MY journey. So I appreciate those who calmed me down (Linda and CarmenNC). One other thing. I love all the support. I put my doubts out there in cyberspace and was responded to not 12 hours later. Now if only I could have such efficient communication with the cable company.....

5 comments:

Naturally Sophia said...

I appreciate your comment on my blog. I think you and little Sophia are so cute. It's crazy how common my name has become. Growing up with all the Amy(s), Nicole(s), and Tiffany(s), I always appreciated its uniqueness. My how have things changed!

Your Sisterlocks look great. Welcome to the Sisterlocks community.

Naturally Sophia said...

Oh yeah, and Comcast sucks. I hate cable companies.

Allecia said...

I bet your hair looks really cute when it's not in 6 ponytails! I wanted more of my hair in the pattern also and I did have a little afro for a while but they definitely don't look like an afro anymore. All in good time. Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Your locks do look absolutely beautiful! And I'm sure as they grow in you'll fall in love more and more. I'll keep an eye out! Ciao.

DrWaddell said...

Rest assured that your hair has been SL'd correctly. Looks like you have that curly hair that creates natural coils that folks like me envy.

At my SL install in 2005, I had permed ends. My ends were straight. I looked like "cats had licked the ends of my hair" and no amount of washing changed that. I HAD TO roll my hair to sport my SLs after washings.

It was so cool to finally cut those permed ends and REALLY enjoy the wash & wear freedom of natural loc'd hair.

Keep takin' pics of your various loc transitional stages-- good, bad and indifferent. You will be so amazed at how your hair changes.